With WhatsApp marketing your business is a success
YOUR WHATSAPP STATUS IS A GOLDMINE
For business owners, the major selling point or major office is your Whatsapp status. I know
people that don’t really have a physical shop but sell so much from their Whatsapp status because they
have mastered how to make use of their status. It is estimated that roughly between 20-40% of your
total contact will check your Whatsapp status. Let’s say you have about 1000 people that are active on
Whatsapp, between 200 and 400 will be checking your status on a consistent basis, that means
whatsoever you have on your Whatsapp status has a potential of 200 to 400 people viewing it.
That is why it is very important to grow your contact in fact I will recommend that anybody you
come in contact with exchange numbers with them, give them your Whatsapp contact. You are a
business owner and people need to know what you are doing. For me, everybody on my contact knows
what I do; they know I teach people how to do business on Instagram, so your business should be all out.
Action Points:
1. Refuse to be shy, speak more about yourself and your business on your status.
2. Your status is your office. Use it well and be deliberate about it.
3. Never go a day without talking about your business.
I POSSESS MY POSSESSION, GIVE ME MY CONTACT NOW
There are groups that you can join and then you exchange contacts. You might say they are
strangers but the truth is your money is in the hands of strangers except you are doing a business that is
just for your family members and acquaintances. So as much as possible grow your contact, I remember
storing someone's number sometimes ago and I wanted to run a training, the person was among the
first set of people to pay for it, so grow your contact at every opportunity that you get. Look out for
groups that offer things like that on Whatsapp and with that you can be sure your contact is increasing
and your status view is also increasing. I established earlier that your shop as far as Whatsapp is concerned is your status, so it is very important. I have seen numerous testimonies from people as a
result of them growing their contacts.
Action points:
1. Be deliberate about growing your contact. Have monthly targets
2. Never be reserved about giving your contact to strangers.
WE HAVE A NEW KING IN TOWN, HIS NAME IS CONTENT
The next point I will talk about as far as doing business on Whatsapp is concerned, particularly
on your status is contents. The content that you post on your Whatsapp status is very important. As a
business owner you can’t afford to put up just anything on your status. Another thing when it comes to
the contents you post is as much as possible don’t just put up your business alone, I have some people
that I view that status and all they do is just post shoes alone and they bombard people with about 40 to
50 pictures, personally I mute some of those people. Except on rare occasions, you don’t just want to
over flog people's data. Their data is very precious to them; you need to be strategic and systematic
about it. I know you might have things you want to post but you need to be strategic about it. In a day I
will advice not to post more than 10 pictures on your Whatsapp status. Of course there will be days
when you have to do more than that but at most don’t post more than 10 contents on your Whatsapp
status and even if you are going to post up to 10, its advisable you space it out, maybe 1 or 2 hours
interval in-between for it to be very effective.
You need to understand also that you are not the only one appearing on people's Whatsapp, so
spacing it out will go a long way in helping you. If you post your first update around 8am, the next
update can come around 10am. What will happen is that by the time you post by 8am and the person
does not view it, most likely the other people on the person's wall would have updated their status and
it will take your own down the list. There are some people that they don’t check everything on their Whatsapp status, they just check maybe the first 5 or the first 6 as the case maybe, so spacing it out and
posting another one in another two hours’ time will help you such that it will push your status up to the
first 5 or first 6 on people's status. What I am saying basically is space your posts. Also look for other
interesting and engaging contents that you can put up, everybody likes some level of fun. Post things
that will generate response from people, something that people will want to look forward to. I have
somebody on my Whatsapp timeline that I don’t like missing his contents because it is always
interesting to view. Of course he doesn’t do business but the truth is, if he decides to start doing
business on his Whatsapp or he decides to start advertising some other things on his status, I can’t mute
him because his timeline is interesting.
In as much as you are using your Whatsapp status for business, let your contents be dynamic
and interesting such that people can look forward to it. In addition your contents also have to be of high
quality. Don’t just put up any random thing, there are things that might just be personal to you alone,
you don’t need to put it up, just let it be dynamic and fun.
Action points:
1. Don’t post too much and don’t post too little.
2. Let your contents be fun and engaging
3. Space your postings
I WANT GOODY-GOODY
The next point I want to talk about is the fact that people like free things, free offers as well as
discounts so as much as possible you can do giveaways or you can give discounts on some of your products or services you are rendering on your status you can. You can even pre-announce it so that
people will have something to look forward to.
Another strategy is you not mentioning the exact time it’s going to happen, you can just tell
them it will take place randomly and they should just keep checking. But then it has to be a juicy offer,
because people get easily distracted on social media and something like that will definitely help.
Action points:
1. Give freebies
2. Be creative in how you do freebies
SOMEONE MENTIONED ENGAGEMENT, IS THERE A RING?
Another point is to engage other people, don’t let it be about your own status alone, comment
on other people's Whatsapp status if they post something nice even if you don’t know them normally. I
made mention of the strategy of building your contact and a number of people that you will be meeting
will be new people. So as much as possible be polite and be nice, don’t say because you don’t know
them you don’t want to comment at all. Give random comments on posts just to keep the relationship
with them. A comment on a post might be all that will make someone patronize you
Action points:
1. Engage other users
2. Be polite in your response to people
CAN YOU EXPLAIN YOURSELF?
The next point I will be talking about is that as much as possible you need to be compelling with
your captions. What I mean by that is when you are selling your products and services, your captions has
to be strong and persuasive, you need to give people a good reason why they should buy your products
and services and why they should buy it from you. So many people are selling same thing like you do so
you have to tell them why your own product is outstanding, what they will gain from buying from you
and what stands you out. So when you are putting up posts on your status, you need to give it a good
caption. I see a lot of people who are selling one thing or the other and they just put up their posts
without putting a caption which should not be. Of course there are some posts you don’t have to
caption, but generally when you are putting up a picture it should be accompanied with a strong caption
such that when people see it, they will be interested in it. I remember seeing something on someone's
status of which I had no prior plan of buying it but the caption compelled me to order for it. So writing a
compelling caption is very important.
Action Points:
1. Never post without a caption
2. Let your caption be compelling. Ask yourself, will I buy this from myself?
NEVER WINK AT SOMEONE IN THE DARK
Another thing I will like to say is that as much as possible, advertise your products on Whatsapp
T.Vs. There are people who have a very large number of contact on their phone, some of them get as
high as 3000 or 4000 views on their Whatsapp status and they advertise products and services for people at a token. I have tested some of them and it brought me results. We have a number of them
around but please make your research so you don’t fall into the hands of scammers. Doing a business
without advertising is like winking in the dark, nobody will see it. Put at least 20% of your profit into
publicity.
Action Points:
1. Look for platforms to advertise
2. Get some of your close friends/family members to repost for you atimes.
THERE IS ALWAYS AN ICING ON THE CAKE
The last point I will make about running a business on Whatsapp is that you can make use of the
idea of drop shipping. What makes Whatsapp business interesting is that you don’t actually need a
physical store and it makes a whole lot of difference. Drop shipping means you don’t necessarily have to
sell a product, you can be a middle man between the seller and buyer. If your friends are selling things
that are nice, you can get the pictures of those things and post on your status and you add your own
percentage and when people see it and place order, you can get from the seller directly and get it to
them. Even apart from your normal business or things you sell, occasionally you can get things you don’t
sell or you don’t have in store and still make sales and get your commission from it.
Whatsapp is the new gold, the new wave of thing happening presently, so one must key into this
wisdom. Never forget that growing your contact is the foundation of it and your Whatsapp status is your
Comments
Post a Comment